Soda Blasting is a process which uses baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) propelled using high pressure and volume through specially designed blasting machines to clean and/or strip contamination from the surface of any substrate. Soda Blasting is now being used in the Food Processing industry as an alternative to traditional cleaning systems.
Food plants have many cleaning challenges such as heavy duty processing equipment, conveyor belts, plant floors and walls. Pressure washers do not effectively clean food contact surfaces, they simply act as a high impact rinse. Most scrub brushes and cleansers only partially clean the surface of equipment and require the use of harsh (and sometimes dangerous) chemicals.
Soda Blasting, however, uses an FDA/USDA approved cleaning media (baking soda) in a high-pressure machine to thoroughly clean any surface without damaging the substrate. The SodaBlaster system thoroughly cleans these surfaces, which makes the final sanitizing step more effective.
- Hot-dipped galvanized machine withstands harsh plant environment
- Baking Soda is USDA/FDA approved
- Environmentally Safe
- Non-Abrasive.. won't damage equipment
- Cleans up quickly- water soluble
- Very easy to use
- Mobile design provides flexibility
- On/Off Switch operates on standard D-Cell batteries